Monday 15 December 2008

Two days later,

Prom was fun! Danced so hard my shoes came off. Walked so far I got blisters. Ow. Worth it though. Now that damn "ayer" song is STUCK in my head. And now I realize why people like those songs.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. There was plenty high drama before prom. I'll just draft out a chronology.

1 to 2.30 pm
Went to the salon to do my hair, pretty uneventful, but ended up with mildly cliched hair. Very pageant-queen-cinderella look, because of the mad dramatic curls. But the lady suggested those cause prom was gonna be in the evening, and she assured me that they'd settle and look more natural by 7, which they did. Sort of.

2.30 to 4.45
watched tv and whatnot

4.45
Slipped into dress, contemplated ginormous palette of makeup warily, heaved a deep breath, got into it.

about 5.00
mum enters, suggests pantyhose (err...), but it has a run in it, so no go.

5.25
Frantically stuff things into infinitesimally minuscule clutch. I wish I has a TARDIS clutch. Someone should invent one.

5.30
coke arrives with ride! Jodie says I look nice (thanks!), coke contemplates his ever increasing age and the rapidity of my growing up ("It seems like just yesterday I was feeding her tomyam in the cot...")

6.00
Arrive in KL. But then...
HOLY FUCKAMOLY and CRAP ON A STICK.
I've forgotten my prom ticket.
desperate call to neal to get violet's number, then desperate call to violet.

"Hello, violet?"
"Yes?"
"This is di-anne."
"Di-anne?"
Awkward pause while she tries to remember who the hell I am.
Vague recollection.
"Oh...right, di-anne"
"Um. I've forgotten my prom ticket, so is it okay if I just turn up?"
"Ah... you'll have to pay 50 bucks [WHAT the FUCK]. Our policy is: no ticket, no entry."
"Okay, thank you [fucking HELL]."

No WAY in hell am I paying FIFTY RINGGIT. I have paid A HUNDRED AND FUCKING FIFTY for the damn ticket already, so piss off.
Dithering in the car to decide whether we turn around.
Not a good idea because KL is now jammed up tighter than a double sealed pneumatic safe.

6.20
Then...aha!
Frantic call to Haq (whose prom, mercifully, is on the same day as mine)

"Hello, err.. how far is your hotel from mine again?"
"Em. Walking distance. Why?"
"Right, this is the problem: I've forgotten my ticket, and I'm not gonna be allowed in unless I pay up, so can you please, please swing by my house to grab it, then I'll rendezvous with you somewhere to get it?"
"Eh... sure. Is your house open?"
"My parents are home, I'm calling them now."
" 'Kay."

[Meanwhile, coke & co. are marvelling at my "liaising" prowess]

6.30
Frantic call to mum.

"Go to my room, the blue cupboard [actually it was a shelf, but I was too frazzled to think of the word at the time], there's a styrofoam box, there's a black ticket in it, get it, and wait, Haq's coming over to get it."

I can tell this is going to take a while if I give a blow by blow description, so long story short, we went to pavilion, to some green tea shop (macha? ocha?), got drinks, went back downstairs to the entrance, w...a...i...t...e...d, jodie & david had to go off for the movie ( The Day The Earth Stood Still, which started at 7 ), waited somemore, then, outside Coach:

7.25
"Thank FUCK you're here!"

A few hasty compliments later, Haq heads off to Grand Millennium, and I, accompanied by coke, walk to Prince.

Oh, and by the way, I was in three-and-a-half inch pumps that night.

Whew!

I got jettisoned to a table with people I hardly knew cause I was late :(. But midway through, I realized Albert's table had 2 empty seats, so I moved over. Has a very nice time with Albert. Was walking around throughout the entire dinner as well.

Took pictures, which I will NOT upload because I look constipated in all of them. The camera quite obviously has issues with me.

Dance-dance-danced the night away.
First sweet if slightly awkward slow dance with Alberto.
After that, it was a free for all. Fun!

Met Coke & co at Starbucks, reached home at bout 2.30. Bathed, waited for hair to dry, stumbled into bed. Slept til 3pm, sleep schedule hasn't been the same since.

All in all, a pretty good night :)

No comments: