Thursday 2 July 2009

Shut up, Kevin.

Ya. Quattro phail. Epic-ly.
Okay, chronological sequence of events.

So Neal msn-ed me at seven last night.

"DI ANNE"
"do you have class tomorrow."
"or the more appropriate question is. do you wanna get a little alcohol in your system tonight?"

Yeah. So apparently Quattro was having an opening of the winter bar/monte carlo nonsense, with, the most important part, free flow of alcohol from 8.30 to 10.30. Me being the cheap (chinese) boozer I am no doubt turning into, wanted to go insanely badly, but wasn't sure what the mother would say. So my conversation with her went something like

"Mum, can I go yumcha? With neal. *insert lousy excuse about seeing Neal off because he's leaving next month*"
"Who's driving? That boy [i.e. Jun Yit, who I used to carpool with to lit tuition]?"
"Err, Rabin. Literature classmate/ also going off next month."
"Okay. Don't come back so late and don't drink so much and... *various advice about not leaving your drink because someone might slip something in it etc etc*"

OMG MY MUM IS SO COOL HAHA.
Keep in mind this was a weeknight and I was going to KL. On a weeknight. To booze. Admittedly I didn't tell her about free boozing, but the fact I wasn't interrogated is fantastic.
(If you're wondering where my dad was he was overnighting in KL for a seminar. That was lucky. Heh.)

So to cut a ramble short, we went downtown, parked in Avenue K (topics of discussion enroute include Neal's metro-ness + Rabin's... something about Rabin anyway), walked up, and discovered that it's 21 above.

Oh what fun.
...

What I'm trying to say is, we chickened out, essentially. We hightailed it out of there pronto (And had to pay the 3.00 parking fee although we were there like five minutes wtf). Then on the way out of KL we realised we should've at least done something to justify to trip into town. Bleh. So I threw a fit and demanded the alkie I'd been promised, and we decided to get to Laundry. I think the initial plan was ice bar, but we were kinda broke.

Oh pre-boozing dinner was quite good: hokkien mee + cantonese fry + ikan bakar.

I had 1 1/4 drinks. More or less. Oh but that one drink was a double. (vodka red bull FTW although I would get sick of it. Also, laundry does a fantastic long island) I'm actually building up a tolerance towards alcohol. I got less high than I was when I first started. Yay. Neal was quite tipsy, I think we missed an opportunity to get him drunk (btw I am still pissed the guys never called me out to see him get wasted). Rabin the D(esignated) D(river) sipped demurely on his chivas. Or as demurely as a tall indian dude can get anyway.

O yeah and yesterday afternoon was also good.


And today there was a talk involving the words "critical", and "thinking", combined into a dastardly phrase. I'm sure the lady means well, but come on. Why has nobody caught on to the fact that what students don't volunteer for they won't be interested in? Ugh.

PS Left my Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in LTB! But Lynette rescued it. Go Lynette! I luv joo!

No comments: