Thursday 16 July 2009

THIS IS VITRIOL.

First, I would like you to watch this



My first reaction to this was OHMYWHATTHEFUCK?

Seriously. Seriously. Wat. This is exactly why I am an agnostic-atheist/secular humanist. I absolutely hate when people use religion as an excuse to discriminate.
What exactly is so wrong with muslims that you are so afraid to have them "take over the world", as it were? For the last fucking time, america (which I am assuming to be the country of origin based on the terrible, nasally, unnecessarily ominous narration), muslim =/= terrorist. Please. Also, not every muslim is an extremist. Ugh. And frankly, if we did end up having a "muslim-dominated world", if it were peaceful and less fucked up, I wouldn't mind. At all.

I just... ugh. I am so angry my thoughts are completely jumbled up about now.

And, by the way, I would think (although I have no concrete evidence to back this up), that the world is veering more towards secularism as time goes by. Again, how sure are you that all those millions of muslims born would be devout? In these modern times (oh how this reminds me of writing karangans in high school), people are more willing to question everything, religion included. And when answers can't be found, they go looking for them somewhere else.

I would also like to add that this seems like a slightly white (or at least western) supremecy thing. Because there was the giant harping on about how europe would disappear, and Asia would take over (I would paraphrase but I absolutely cannot bring myself to watch the fucking thing again). So? Excuse me, Asia is emerging as an economic powerhouse right about now. No stopping us, baby. Besides, if China hadn't burned it's ships and closed in on itself after Zheng He's time, I'm pretty darn sure they would have been the world's biggest colonisers. the Portugese, Dutch and English just got lucky.

Again, I would like to reiiterate how narrow minded some people can be. I wonder if the world's Christian population was burgeoning, would the same video have been made? Gah.

No comments: